Help Us Help You: Use Electronic Reporting
John Wilburn, Former Trust Administrator
The TSB-RMT website remains under construction but we ask that you visit the site to report claims electronically. There are many advantages for you as well as the Risk Management Department to utilize electronic reporting. Here’s why we ask that you use the internet to report claims electronically:
- It is the quickest, most efficient means to notify the Risk Management Trust of a claim.
- Web reporting eliminates the possibility of claim forms sent via regular mail from being misdirected, delayed or lost.
- It eliminates time lost by the claim representative searching incoming mail for a claim notice when trying to respond to an inquiry. Frequently, a claimant or medical provider contacts the Risk Management Trust before any record of the claim has been received by mail.
- Claims are received more promptly so the claim representative can make prompt contact with the claimant. This reduces the chances that claimants will feel that no one is concerned about them.
- Studies have demonstrated that reducing reporting time greatly reduces the cost of claims.
- The reporting format is user friendly and prompts the individual preparing the loss notice to provide all required information in a clear, concise manner. Thus, it saves time for the person preparing the report and ensures that the claim representative has all information required to begin processing the claim.
Please visit our claims reporting section. Select the type claim you wish to report, complete the required information fields, select preview to review the information, then select confirm, and the report is on the way. Be sure to print a copy for your records.